How to Optimize Your Business Facebook Page
by Yasmine Moulin
Did you know as of April 2016, Facebook was the most popular social networking site in the world, based on the number of active user accounts? And, as of June 2017, there were 2 billion monthly active users!
If your business doesn’t have a Facebook page, then you do not exist! Most likely, your competitors are and you’re missing out! You are missing out on reaching new customers and being part of a huge business community. Think of your business Facebook page as your virtual store front.
Here are my top 5 tips to optimize your business Facebook page.
- You want your followers and customers to be able to discover you, your products and services and your page – so make your page name something that reflects your business. Stick with simple and obvious, your business name. Mine is Yasmine Moulin Consulting.
- Fill out the ‘About’ section – Make sure you fill out all the relevant details for your business so potential customers can easily get to know what your business is all about, and how they can get in contact with you. Details to include: your bio (establish your expertise), website, phone number, address, hours of operation and services provided.
- Make your profile picture and cover photo easily recognizable – I recommend having a photo of your business logo as your profile picture so that people can easily recognize it when searching for your page. Be consistent with your profile photo across all business online profiles. You should also make sure your photos for your profile and cover photo are the correct dimensions. You want a professional look.
- Create a call to action – Facebook has a variety of options to use as a call to action e.g. Contact Us, Call Now, etc. Pick the one that is the most applicable. Make it easy for customers to reach you.
- Customers are the most important. Stats are also important. Keep a close eye on your Insights page. Once a week, look over your Insights page to see what your audience is liking, their engagement (what they are and aren’t responding to). Then, you can curate more of the content they enjoy and respond to.
Remember, social media is not about selling, it’s about building relationships. People ‘buy’ you first, then your products and services. Like any relationship, it takes time to build trust and loyalty.
Social media is not a tangible measurable ROI. For example, a crowd of new customers will not flock to your business overnight – but a consistent and engaging social media presence and voice is the key to your business growth and success. The more engagement and presence, the more you are becoming a recognizable brand and an expert in your field. Your patience will pay off!
If you are too busy to start or keep up with your social media presence and voice, give Yasmine Moulin Consulting a call. Social Media is our thing!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Yasmine Moulin is owner of Yasmine Moulin Consulting, providing professional development, executive leadership programs, social media branding and marketing, and business management consulting services. Yasmine has been in the continuing professional education field for financial professionals and business leaders for many years. She has successfully planned and developed executive education and professional development programs for VPs, CEOs, CFOs, and senior leaders. Yasmine was an early adopter of social media & saw the power it has to build relationships, brand awareness & authentic engagement with clients & potential new clients. This lead her to being a social media consultant and strategist. Previously, Yasmine was in the English as a Second Language (ESL) industry including being an ESL teacher and English & French tutor. Yasmine holds a Master of Arts in Leadership from Royal Roads University. Combining executive, management, business & leadership experience along with education & professional development, her focus & passion is in helping clients & their teams obtain their professional & personal goals. Yasmine currently lives in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.